Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slow Start

Note the time stamp; it hasn't been altered.  I wish I could say I was just waking up for our very early drive to the Airport.  Nay.  Sadly, I have yet to sleep.  I hate packing.  This hatred leads to procrastination, which in turns leaves no time for sleeping the night before a big trip.  The morning I left for Afghanistan my house looked like it had been vandalized.  Emily wasn't pleased, and even though that was a year ago, I've tried to make up for it since I've been home.  And though tonight's preparation extravaganza was not nearly as violent as the prelude to my one year vacation in the desert, it still took way too long.

Please don't misunderstand; I do a great job packing.  Be it luggage or moving van, Emily will attest to my mad skillz (and yes, I will work for food).  For this week long adventure in the tropics I have a backpack with my camera and my computer (to keep you all informed), along with one carry-on suitcase - that's it.  But you see, such precision takes time.  Time that should have been spread over an entire week.  Time that should have been spent sleeping next to Emily once more before I go.  Time that will catch up with me in a few short hours when we hear, "Welcome to Haiti; Let's get to work!"  We'll be in the car headed for RDU in about an hour.  Lucky for all four of the guys who will be with us, Emily's driving.

As always, messages and prayers for the bro's may be left in the comments section.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. How in the world did it take you so long when all of your stuff was laid out in a very organized manner according to the list???

    ReplyDelete